You are a great man and God loves you so much, he died for you, he will not abandon you now or ever.
You are not God, so don’t try to fix everyone. God will use you and he has in the past to help others, but you do not have all the answers. Some jobs maybe are too big for you.
There are no easy answers in time of struggles, but this is what the bible says:
1. Recall His past mercies – the wonderful way in which he has undertaken for you, led you, blessed you, provided for you and used you in the past (1 Samuel 7:12)
2. Turn to Him – in confession (1 John 1:9), and in petition (Psalm 34:6); humble yourself before Him and look to Him alone for deliverance (Psalm 69:17).
3. Enquire of Him (verse 8). Ask Him what you should do in your trying situation.
4. Obey Him (verses 9 and 10). David obeyed, he “continued the pursuit”.
5. Trust Him. At the end of verse 8 we read that the Lord promised David complete victory, and when he went forth (verse 9), he trusted the Lord to fulfil His word. All God’s promises are made to us in order that we may take Him at His word and trust Him to fulfil in us and for us that which He has promised – look up Psalm 37:5; Proverbs 3:5-6; Matthew 11:28; Romans 8:28; Philippians 4:19.
6. Acknowledge His goodness (verse 23) – look up Psalm 9:9; 27:5; 46:1; 143:11; and Nahum 1:7.
You are a child of God, stand strong, don’t let anyone steal your joy!